The Grain Place Foundation is currently an all-volunteer organization. There are no paid staff. Board members and volunteers receive no compensation and currently pay their own personal expenses to serve.
Volunteers carry out our mission in the following areas:
- Service on the Board
- Fund Raising and Grant Writing
- Furthering our educational mission
- Developing Volunteer Opportunities
- Communications – website, social media, newsletter, etc.
- Networking with others in organic/regenerative agriculture
- On-farm research
- Operation of the Guest House
- Farm Management
- General Administration
- Farm Labor
Members of the Board of Directors
Since the Foundation is not a membership corporation, the board is the legal corporation, the board is responsible to oversee all operations of the foundation consistent with the articles of incorporation and bylaws. The number of meetings will depend upon how active the board chooses to be.
The board will meet at least annually in July to do the following:
- Approve long and short-term goals
- Approve program guidelines and accountability
- Approve annual budgets (including fund raising)
- Annual evaluation of Executive staff
- Approve Policies and Procedures as needed
- Assign tasks and accept responsibility for carrying them out
Are you interested in volunteering with us?
We hope you will let us know if you would like to volunteer with the Foundation. We encourage you to use this form to let us know more about your interested and skills. (You can also submit information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)